Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incluse issues from different project in release

Frank J. Øynes March 19, 2019

Given a project A with several coming releases defined.
And - given a support project B which is fixing a bug in a product belonging to the release plan of A.

Can I add a relevant bug-issue from project B as part of my release in project A?
Now I am cloning the issue, but this causes extra work when updating and closing issues. Is it possible to just link/refer to the issue in project B so that updating will become visible in both projects, and still part of the release plan?

2 answers

0 votes
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 19, 2019

Hello @Frank J. Øynes 

As @Walter Buggenhout already mentioned that the fixVersions (releases) are project specific in Jira. One of way you can try to circumvent this issue is create a Kanban board and move the issues to done column. And then from the Board make the release of the issues in done column. In this way the fixVersion(release version) should get added to all projects to which the issues in done column belong.

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 19, 2019

Hi @Frank J. Øynes,

Your releases (or fix versions) are project specific in Jira. So no, it is not possible to associate issues from project B to a fix version of project A. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events