In the Issue Source config item I select Filter as the source but filter doesnt appear in drop down

Alan Tragarz May 23, 2022

Creating  a Plan and selecting Issue Source as Filter. In the drop down there is a limited number of values displayed. When I type ahead the filter doesnt come up in the drop down. Moreover when I type the complete filter name it doesnt bring that filter back. So in the screenshot below if I enter 'INEX Features for 22.3' it brings up a completely different filter with a different name from a different jira project.

FilterDropDownBroken.jpg

1 answer

0 votes
Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 23, 2022

What happens if you just type "INEX" or just "22.3"??
I find just searching on the most distinct part of the name gets better results in these filter search windows.

Alan Tragarz May 25, 2022

I think the limitation there is that if we have say > 20 items with "22.3" or "INEX" it still wont display the one I'm searching for, Hence why I tried entering the complete search string.

Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 25, 2022

I think you are right (and it is annoying). I would suggest changing the name of the filter (crazy, but it works). Give it a short, but distinct title. A word highly unlikely to be in any (or many) other filter names.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events