Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In Portfolio When making changes to my team hours and adding resources schedule does not change

Natalie Humphreys April 25, 2019

I am making changes to my team and weekly hours in JIRA Portfolio and my schedule does not change. What am I missing!? 

• Scrum project/2 week iterations
  • Using hours (not story points)
  • I have 7 team members assigned to my project
  • Only 5 team members take on actual work - at 35 hours a week

**Using the latest portfolio version

Questions

1. On the Team Page: When assigning my team weekly hours - do I only add 35 hours for one week and it calculates that we are doing two week sprints? Or should I add 70 hours to account for two weeks?
  2. I tried to add more hours to my team work load, I added virtual team members, and it seems to not change my schedule at all. Could this be because of dependencies, we do have some?
  3. I also went into each individual team member under their name and added any exceptions, if they would be on Holiday or Having PTO, does the schedule take that into consideration? 

1 answer

0 votes
Lewis Cook April 21, 2020

Hi Natalie,

Dunno if you've found the answer elsewhere yet.

Your questions as I understand it:

1. Its weekly hours so reference that
  2. I think this is more likely to be linked to your iteration length and velocity settings for the team
  3. Yes the schedule should factor in exceptions that you add

You may also want to check your plan settings for the following:

• Planning unit
  • Sprint length*
  • Default velocity*
  • Working hours and days

*I think the teams settings on these will override the plans. Although i'm unsure.

Since you haven't mentioned the sprint cadence portfolio will just think you have a less efficient team delivering the same amount of story points. I generally work on an 80% efficiency model so in theory if you went simplistically as 1 story point = 1 day. Each team member you add should = 8 points of cadence and that way your schedule should scale accordingly.

Hopefully helps!

Thanks

Lewis

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events