If you Changed the dates in your scheduling configuration of a plan

Bonnie Lopes February 13, 2021

If you change the scheduling dates in a plan  in the configuration of a plan, to something other than Target start and Target end, does that mess up the schedule view in a Program using those plans?  I found this but was wondering if this was generic documentation and if you changed the scheduling dates in a plan, these alternate dates would be used in the Program and not use the Target dates?

• In the scope view of a program, the target dates of the issues in a plan will be shown as the scheduled start and scheduled end dates.
  • In the schedule view of a program, the schedule will be handled in this priority: Target dates first, then sprints, and then releases.

1 answer

0 votes
Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 14, 2021

Hi @Bonnie Lopes 

Yes, which ever date fields you choose to use in configure/scheduling/Dates section of your plan, are the dates reflected on that plans timeline.

I am not certain about your 2nd bullet point. Not sure of how any priority is handled via auto-schedule. @William Sheboy any thoughts/ideas on this?

Bonnie Lopes February 14, 2021

@Curt Holley ,

Thank you for the response.  So, if I use alternate dates as configure/scheduling/Dates , on my plan those dates will be used in the Plan's timeline, AND ALSO, the Program's schedule (that the plan is a part of)?

I am trying to make sure the Program schedule will use these alternate dates as well.

Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 14, 2021

Can you elaborate on what you mean by "Program schedule" please? 

Program Schedule.PNG

for these items to show in the schedule on the Program view, the dates used to plot these items is what I am questioning.  Will the dates used, be the dates I use in the Planconfigure/scheduling/Dates (replacement to target dates)

Also, would you know what drives the dates that appear over the entries 2018, 2019,2020,2021,2022, as these do not see to be configurable, so I could stretch 2020 to see these items

Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 14, 2021

Is your Jira setup cloud based, or server? As I don't recognize the above screenshot as Advanced Roadmaps via Cloud...which is what I thought we were discussing....Sorry!! 

My apologies, our installation is Server, NOT Cloud or DC 

Bonnie Lopes February 19, 2021

I am running Jira Server version 8.11 and Advanced roadmaps 3.27 and am wondering why my Entire Program schedule is blank, when I have plans that have a schedule, using custom fields for Start and End Dates, that are configured in the scheduling sectionscheduling.PNG

Empty Schedule.PNGplan.PNG

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events