It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

If I move an Issue to a later Sprint on JIRA side, will the Sprint also update on Portfolio side?

If I have a Portfolio Plan calculated with Sprint allocations, and I commit the changes to JIRA, it puts the backlog issues into planned/future Sprints on the JIRA Scrum board side to match the Portfolio.  If the team then moves the story on their JIRA Scrum Board to a later or earlier Sprint, will this update be automatically reflected back on the Portfolio side?

1 answer

0 votes

Hi Matt,

Yes, the data portfolio side should be reflecting what you are setting Jira side, but some operations require a calculation to fully update.

When you commit data in Portfolio you are verifying a write operation to jira and when you  view a Live plan in Portfolio portfolio you're asking for a read from Jria's live data set, and then when you run a calculate you are requesting the portfolio specific data lines up with any updates to the Jira data and re-runs the scheduling algorithm to define the projected scope.

Regards,
Earl

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Advanced Roadmaps

3 short videos to help you get started with Advanced Roadmaps

Hi community, I’m Roi, a product manager working on Advanced Roadmaps for Jira. While Advanced Roadmaps is a powerful tool to plan and track work at scale, we know it can be challenging to get star...

3,356 views 21 15
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you