Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am not seeing all the stories from my project board in the advanced roadmap

James Cast September 22, 2020

I've checked the troubleshooting guide. We are not using sprints, so there's no conflict with another project. I am missing several stories, including some that are dependencies of epics.

2 answers

0 votes
Mark Davies
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 22, 2020

Hi @James Cast 

Sorry to hear that you're having difficulties in getting all of the stories that you want into your Advanced Roadmap plan. 

Can you confirm if these missing stories are shown in the Scope? 

You can check this from your plan by:

• Clicking on the Settings cog icon (next to the plan name), and selecting 'Configure'
  • Click on 'Issue sources' in the left-hand navigation
  • Click on 'Edit issue sources'
  • Click 'Next' until you get to the last step 'Confirm what's in scope'
  • Check if the stories appear in this list

If the stories do not appear in your scope:

• You might need to check your issue sources to make sure that the issues are in the sources that are connected to the plan.

If the stories appear in your scope:

• Click on one of the story's issue key. This will open up the story in a new window
  • Check the status of the story
  • If it is set to 'Done' and has a green tick next to it, then the resolution is set. If it's blank then the resolution is not set.

If the resolution is being set:

• Advanced Roadmaps could be excluding the stories based on the value that is set for showing completed issues in a plan.
  • You can check this in the Plan by clicking on the Settings cog again, selecting 'Configure', and selecting 'Issue sources' from the left-hand navigation.
  • There is an option on the page to exclude issues after a certain number of days e.g. 30 days.
  • If the issues were completed and resolved more than 30 days ago, then the issues will not appear in the plan. You can increase this value and they should re-appear in the plan.

If the resolution is not being set:

• Advanced Roadmaps is unable to know when an issue has been resolved so it will remove these issues from the plan (ignoring the setting for "include completed issues for x days", as this is based on "Resolution", not "Done").
  • To fix this, you'll need to add a post function to your custom workflow on the transition that leads to "Done" status to set the resolution field. Also don't forget to add a post function to unset the resolution when transitioning back from a "Done" status too.
  • There's more information on this here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloudkb/best-practices-on-using-the-resolution-field-968660796.html

Hope this helps.

0 votes
Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 22, 2020

Hi @James Cast ,

Could you provide some more information on how you've set up your plan? When you create a plan you need to provide one or more issues sources which can be either projects, boards or JQL filters.

If an issue appears on an issue source (e.g. you see it the JQL filter results) then in general it will appear in the plan.

There are a couple of exceptions to this:

• firstly plans will only load resolved issues if they have been resolved within a configurable number of days (you can change the number, but by default it is 30)
  • secondly a resolve issue needs to have a resolution date in order for this to be checked, if a resolved issue doesn't have a resolution date it won't be loaded

The second exception often occurs when a custom workflow is being used. The reason for the first exception is that plans are generally considered to be forward thinking and there is a performance cost to loading lots of issues, so if the number of issues continued to grow and grow then the performance of the plan would degrade over time.

I would check that you're actually seeing the issues on your issue sources and check the state and resolution date of issues that aren't appearing.

When you edit your plan you can edit your issue sources and on the last step of the wizard you will be able to review all the issues being loaded.

I hope this makes sense, let me know if you need further assistance!

Regards,

Dave

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events