Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am getting to understand the advanced road map and it's benefits; how best can i customize it ?

Laura Njombua February 3, 2023

To report to the executives the progress of our project; how best can i customize the roadmap for accurate reporting needs?

2 answers

1 vote
Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 3, 2023

Hi @Laura Njombua , great question!

Advanced Roadmaps is a very powerful and versatile tool, but it certainly has a learning curve!

To start, I would recommend having a look at the official documentation.  With that said, it's often easier to have a more visual, guided introduction.  For that, I would recommend watching the following webinar:

Creating Plans and Dependencies in Advanced Roadmaps

Once you're done, you might want to consider taking part in an on-demand course:

Planning with Advanced Roadmaps

Feel free to comment with more specific questions!  Best of luck!

0 votes
Dan -minware-
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 7, 2023

Disclaimer: marketplace partner!

Hey @Laura Njombua - this is a challenge that many organizations are facing right now and it seems like the needs of various executive teams are very different. 

What type of information is your executive team looking for? Do they come from an engineering background?

If leadership comes from engineering that's great but if they don't, their lack of understanding can create an interesting challenge due to the long-term complexity of software projects. For that reason I recommend something like minware because we are uniquely able to blend ticketing + version control for a global view of engineering activity across all of your projects.

To give you a simple example - we are able to answer a very basic question that seems to be overlooked by a lot of other services on the market: "How much time did the engineering team have to do work on projects in the first place?" 

minware_valuestream.png

I was shocked to learn that it's not uncommon for a team to spend less than 50% of their time on any given sprint.

If engineers don't have distraction free time to work, everything else is a vanity metric! 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events