• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How would I compare my current plan against an initial plan to see schedule slip?

In Microsoft Projects, there's the concept of a Tracking Gantt Chart that allows you to see the difference between your initial plan and your actual accomplishments. It's a clear indicator of schedule slip.

Is that possible in Advanced Roadmaps? This is an adoption blocker for us.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted

Hi @Nick Sweet,

Your question is all about baselining. The baseline is something that was available in Portfolio 2.x but not in the new planning experience.

Advanced Roadmaps has a different approach to schedule slip. This is all over the place in the on track / off track status indicators on the release page. It is available through the alerts in the top right corner of your screen. It is available in the color coding of the roadmap timelines (issues with a problem are highlighted with a yellow color). I personally think they are much more helpful than comparing with the baseline to indicate there's a problem with your plan.

Nevertheless, you can definitely add baselining functionality to your plan by adding custom fields for baseline start and baseline end dates, where you can then store the baseline start and end dates. The graphical visualisation of that baseline is currently missing, but you would be able to show the baseline dates in the fields section of your plan, while the actual plan is displayed next to it.

If you'd like, you can watch and vote for suggestion JSWCLOUD-20495 about enhancing this capability. 

Thanks -- that's a great answer!

I think the intent is to use schedule slip to inform future planning. Though, for a scum-based team, I think that tends to be covered at a sprint level. I don't know how I'd track that for a kanban-style team apart from baselining -- do you have any recommendations?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Advanced Roadmaps

Introducing Advanced Roadmap’s new dependency report

To see this feature in action check out our recent dependencies demo here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQu5VsUqyZA Keeping on top of your dependencies is a key part of ensuring project success....

1,745 views 12 18
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you