Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How would I compare my current plan against an initial plan to see schedule slip?

Nick Sweet December 18, 2020

In Microsoft Projects, there's the concept of a Tracking Gantt Chart that allows you to see the difference between your initial plan and your actual accomplishments. It's a clear indicator of schedule slip.

Is that possible in Advanced Roadmaps? This is an adoption blocker for us.

1 answer

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 18, 2020

Hi @Nick Sweet,

Your question is all about baselining. The baseline is something that was available in Portfolio 2.x but not in the new planning experience.

Advanced Roadmaps has a different approach to schedule slip. This is all over the place in the on track / off track status indicators on the release page. It is available through the alerts in the top right corner of your screen. It is available in the color coding of the roadmap timelines (issues with a problem are highlighted with a yellow color). I personally think they are much more helpful than comparing with the baseline to indicate there's a problem with your plan.

Nevertheless, you can definitely add baselining functionality to your plan by adding custom fields for baseline start and baseline end dates, where you can then store the baseline start and end dates. The graphical visualisation of that baseline is currently missing, but you would be able to show the baseline dates in the fields section of your plan, while the actual plan is displayed next to it.

If you'd like, you can watch and vote for suggestion JSWCLOUD-20495 about enhancing this capability. 

Nick Sweet December 18, 2020

Thanks -- that's a great answer!

I think the intent is to use schedule slip to inform future planning. Though, for a scum-based team, I think that tends to be covered at a sprint level. I don't know how I'd track that for a kanban-style team apart from baselining -- do you have any recommendations?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events