Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to see the progress of the whole Epic or Initiative in Portfolio (Scope-View)?

pro gress1 June 7, 2018

Hello,

following simple scenario: One newly created Project and (Scrum)Board and no sprints started. I have one Version, one Epic and three USs each of them assigned to that Version and Epic. Each US is estimated with 10 SPs. In Portfolio Plan (PFP) on a scope view in a SP Column I see 30 SP for Epic, and below 10 SP for each US and the progress-bar- column is blank/gray (shows no progress at all).

Everything fine by now.

Now, back in Jira I put the first US in first Sprint, start the sprint and move the first US to done.

Now, back in PFP I can see the Progress of the Epic. The SP-column shows 30SP for the Epic and the progress-bar- column shows for the Epic 33% done (one third of the progress-bar is green) and for the one US progress-bar is green for the other USs gray.

Everything fine by now.

BUT Now I close the Sprint in Jira, go back in PFP and in SP Column I see 20 SP for Epic, and below 10 SP for the two remaining USs and the progress-bar- column for Epic is blank/gray (shows no progress at all) again.

?????? it looks like that the progress-bar is just indicating the remaining effort and  the progress of the currently running sprint? I’m doing something wrong or What kind of logic is that?

I would except that the SP-column for the epic shows 30SP and progress-bar 33% completed. So the same way as the standard Epic progress bar shows it in Jira.

What for is the remaining information good? (remaining info hides any scope changes so if our backlog increase for 50SP and we complete 50SP in a Sprint the remaining info will be the same – so my boss will be – for good reason - thinking we didn’t completed anything in the sprint)

I want to see how good we are progressing. I.e. form total 30 SP in Epic we have completed 10. And If I complete 10 SP in the Sprint and backlog size change  for +10 I should see that from total 40 SP in Epic we have completed 20.

Anything else is illogical/useless.

Can anybody help/clarify/confirm/correct me?

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events