Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to represent partial resource needs in Portfolio?

Steve Holota June 4, 2018

For some of our business projects, we have .5 developer or .25 of a BSA over a number of weeks. If I try to take the total hours, Portfolio condenses it into one or two weeks. The project however runs over multiple months and I need to show those people are allocated as such. How can I represent the stretched out timeline with partial resource involvement in Portfolio? 

Today we do this in excel and my hope is I can move the management of this to Portfolio if i can solve for this use case.

2018-06-04_13-56-22.jpg

1 answer

0 votes
Nicolas Rimmer June 18, 2018

Hi Steve,

I also am thinking about this but have not go too far yet.

Have you found this page about team availability?

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiraportfolioserver/configuring-teams-members-availability-814212629.html

I am wondering about setting peoples team specific availability default to zero then using the exceptions to create allocation segments.... e.g. from date X to date Y allocate A hours per week, from date Z to date W allocate B hours per week.

Reading round it appears (though I have not tested) there is no check on over allocation of people to multiple projects.

I expect some kind of reporting and checking will be needed via the new Portfolio APIs. This all feels like quite a lot of work for what I imagine is a common need.

Nick

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events