How to remove unwanted project from dropdown

Mayya Arroyo August 11, 2017

Ive set up jira portolio based on 5 different boards, and for some reason I have some old project that the boards don't use show up under project drop down.  How can i remove/hide them

1 answer

1 vote
Thomas
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 14, 2017

Hi @Mayya Arroyo,

Would updating the boards JQL filter to not include those project work for you? Currently Portfolio itself would not allow to do this type filtering in product.

Mayya Arroyo August 14, 2017

Hi @Thomas, I don't see the reference in in the queries to those project.  There must be some other reference to those project, but it is not in the query.  Do you have any suggestion on how to go about looking for them?  

Thomas
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 14, 2017

There are multiple cases here.

Let's say you have the following projects in your JIRA instance: P1, P2, P3

And you are seing all 3 in Portfolio but want to exclude P3.

If all your Boards JQL look like: PROJECT IN (P1, P2)

-> Then P3 should not show, and I'd advise contacting the support if they do show

if one or more of your Boards JQL does not include any project limitation (e.g. Label = 'A' OR Project = P1) then I'd advise updating those JQL query to exclude unwanted projects explicitly: Project != P3 AND (Label = 'A' OR Project = P1)

This should ensure we are not trying to include issues from unwanted projects.

If you feel the list of excluded project is getting too long, maybe the list of included project is shorter.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events