How to remove closed Epics from the Portfolio plan?

Deleted user July 30, 2018

When checking our Plan in Portfolio it now includes Epics that have the status 'Done'. However, these are no loner in scope and should not be included in the plan.

Previously closed Epics were removed automatically, but this is no longer happening.

What am I missing here?

2 answers

0 votes
TP April 21, 2022

in case someone still has that issue you need to go into the plan settings and play around with the exclusion rules. Default is to drop Done issues after 30 days. By bringing it to one day the epics would drop from the plan after 1 day.

0 votes
Gabriele Franck
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 10, 2018

Hi @[deleted]

The Epic will not be treated as completed automatically unless you close it and provide a resolution for it.

So the portfolio plan still considers the Epic as open until it's closed while calculating the schedule.

Hope this clarifies! :)

Gabi

Deleted user September 10, 2018

Hello,

Firstly, thank you for responding. But something is not working the way I think it should. I have closed Epics within my Portfolio plan. The below image is just a snapshot of the closed Epics within my plan. They have even been released...so what am I missing here?

Unnamed QQ Screenshot20180910120928.png

Matthew Vigg November 27, 2018

@Gabriele Franck - we're seeing the same issue here, we have marked an epic as Done, it also has a resolution of Done plus we've chosen "Marked as Done" in the backlog for the epic. After this it still appears on existing plans and it also gets imported into newly created plans.

Whilst we can exclude an epic from a given plan, this doesn't affect future plans, i.e. it seems currently we have to re-exclude complete epics every time we create a new plan. After time this will become a huge task as the number of epics grows.

Matthew Vigg November 27, 2018

This also seems to happen with stories and tasks, closing either and creating a new plan brings them into the new plan. This doesn't seem to be consistent as I can see a lot of older stories are not brought in, is there another required step or setting that's needed?

Mattias Abrahamsson January 30, 2019

Have anyone resolved this problem by now?

Having closed epics which still remains visible in the portfolio board.

Matthew Vigg January 31, 2019

We are solving this by just filtering the boards by status:

filter.png

Only slight annoyance is that you need to do this every time you open the plan.

Like Mattias Abrahamsson likes this
Mattias Abrahamsson January 31, 2019

Thanks!!

Just found out how the filter works.
That will do the job for now.

Rgds

Philip Skov Knudsen September 18, 2019

I'm still seeing this error - I have a closed epic, and all the issues in the epic are closed, and it is still showing in Portfolio. I have tried recalculating and it doesn't help.

I'm not quite sure how all this works - can I file a bug somewhere?

Like # people like this
Michael June 17, 2021

Issue still exists.

katja.zimmermann January 4, 2022

I'm removing the Epics from the plan manually by selecting it an using bulk actions. AR remove from plan.jpg

Like jgarcia-glennie likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events