• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to delete a duplicate Issue?

I created an issue in a feature, then for some reason when I created a new one copy the same name when I tried to add a new name past it with the same, I know duh, so I got 2 issues with the same name, I do not want to updated with a new name, I just want to delete it. can I do that?

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi @Axel Briones

Depends on whether these are committed changes or not.

If these are committed so the duplicate has an actual issue key, you'll need to:

1. Go into the issue's main view via the issue key
  2. Press More > Delete - this is assuming you have delete permissions in the permission scheme
  3. If you don't have delete permissions, check what the process is at your company. It might be that you need to have a Jira Admin delete it - or perhaps close it with a negative resolution (eg. Duplicate) and then exclude it from your plan (see below).

^ If you haven't committed the change though, you can: 

1. Check the box next to the Feature in the scope table
  2. Press the button which appears just above the table "Exclude from Plan"

^ This will remove created issues from the plan (eg. the committed issue above) or permanently delete non-committed issues which haven't got an actual issue key yet.

More details on this page.

Ste

Thank you   

Hello @Axel Briones I couldn't follow much the scenario you have but basically in order to delete an issue you must have delete issue permission at the project you are working. Depending the company, sometime that permission is only available for project or Jira administrators. That can be seen on the permission scheme of that project

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Advanced Roadmaps

3 short videos to help you get started with Advanced Roadmaps

Hi community, I’m Roi, a product manager working on Advanced Roadmaps for Jira. While Advanced Roadmaps is a powerful tool to plan and track work at scale, we know it can be challenging to get star...

6,586 views 25 19
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you