How to delete a duplicate Issue?

Axel Briones February 6, 2020

I created an issue in a feature, then for some reason when I created a new one copy the same name when I tried to add a new name past it with the same, I know duh, so I got 2 issues with the same name, I do not want to updated with a new name, I just want to delete it. can I do that?

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Hernan Halabi - Elite IT Consulting Group
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 6, 2020

Hello @Axel Briones I couldn't follow much the scenario you have but basically in order to delete an issue you must have delete issue permission at the project you are working. Depending the company, sometime that permission is only available for project or Jira administrators. That can be seen on the permission scheme of that project

Axel Briones February 7, 2020

Thanks!

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 6, 2020

Hi @Axel Briones

Depends on whether these are committed changes or not.

If these are committed so the duplicate has an actual issue key, you'll need to:

1. Go into the issue's main view via the issue key
  2. Press More > Delete - this is assuming you have delete permissions in the permission scheme
  3. If you don't have delete permissions, check what the process is at your company. It might be that you need to have a Jira Admin delete it - or perhaps close it with a negative resolution (eg. Duplicate) and then exclude it from your plan (see below).

^ If you haven't committed the change though, you can: 

1. Check the box next to the Feature in the scope table
  2. Press the button which appears just above the table "Exclude from Plan"

^ This will remove created issues from the plan (eg. the committed issue above) or permanently delete non-committed issues which haven't got an actual issue key yet.

More details on this page.

Ste

Axel Briones February 7, 2020

Thank you   

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events