Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to assign a single high level activity to more than one team

Dania Zaccara October 31, 2018

Hi all, 

I would like to configure a portfolio plan to monitor requests. 

On this level some teams can collaborate on a single request, but portfolio can't let me assign more than one team on each entities of the scope. 

Is there a workaround on this? 

Thank you all 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 8, 2018

Hi Dania,

To help answer your question it would be useful if you could provide a bit more information. Are you looking to actually assign the issue to multiple teams and have the multiple assignment taken into consideration by the scheduling algorithm when you click "Calculate"? If that is the case then there is no workaround.

However if you just want to assign multiple teams for the purposes of filtering or easily identifying which teams are collaborating on a particular issue then there are a couple of options you could consider.

You could either use labels to represent each team (this would be very open ended and not constrained to just team labels) or for a slightly more robust solution you could create a custom field in Jira to represent the teams.

I appreciate that neither of these are particularly great workarounds but they are the best that I can suggest with the current product capabilities.

Regards,

Dave

Dania Zaccara November 9, 2018

Thank you David for your reply. 

Let me explain a scenario, may be this can be helpful to better understand the situation: 

I'd like to plan all the Ideas of one of our customer. They are managing this planning by asking to each team (that have to collaborate to the idea) the related effort. 

So I've only one single element (the idea) worked by different teams, with different effort. 

I found a workaround (l don't know if it can be ok). I built one team for each idea and I'm using virtual using to give the effort of the different real team involved on that idea. 

It can be ok? 

Thank you 

Dania

Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 11, 2018

Hi Dania,

I guess this depends upon how realistic you're expecting the scheduling to be. For example if you're creating a team per idea but each real team can be working on multiple ideas then there's a risk that you could be overloading teams.

If this is a way of establishing relative effort between the ideas then this might work.

Regards,

Dave

GetConnected Atlassian Support November 12, 2018

Hi David, 

thank you. 

Yes, it is for a scenario to understandd what kind of effort it's necessary to plan for each idea. 

I hope it can work. 

Thank you 

Dania 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events