Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

How to adjust timeline base on dependencies?

I have 2 tasks with a Finish to Start dependencies. How to I get the start date of Task B to be automatically pushed out when Task A end date is pushed out? 

2022-06-07_7-17-10.png

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

@Michael Andolfatto 

I've been looking for an answer to the same question for a while now :D 

I've never used the auto-scheduler before, this doesn't work with manually adjusting start/finish of a task by any chance, does it?

Hey @Anna Poppe ,

No, there is no functionality for this as far as I'm aware. The blocked task will only have its position adjusted by the auto-scheduler or manually by a user moving it directly.

I would definitely recommend playing around with the auto-scheduler- it can be really helpful to use it as a foundation of sorts for your plan's timeline which can then be adjusted manually afterwards.

Like # people like this
1 vote

Hi @Jean-Francois Thibault ,

You'll need to make sure your plan is configured for sequential dependencies rather than concurrent. This can be verified in the Plan Settings > Scheduling.

If sequential dependencies are enabled, Advanced Roadmaps will automatically schedule Task B after Task A. (as long as the global settings for dependencies are configured this way- you need to be an administrator to verify this)

If Tasks A and B have inherited Sprint dates and are scheduled accordingly, you will need to make sure that the auto-scheduler is set to overwrite Sprints rather than filling in empty values.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

An update on Confluence Cloud customer feedback – June 2022

Hi everyone, We’re always looking at how to improve Confluence and customer feedback plays an important role in making sure we're investing in the areas that will bring the most value to the most c...

192 views 1 3
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you