Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is Release Status( on track/off track) calculated?

diego smith July 25, 2019

How is Release Status( on track/off track) calculated?

We are currently using portfolio version 3.6.

We have 2 issues in a release, 1 in todo status and 1 in progress status, but the release end date has already passed but it still shows on track.

My assumption is that because the date has passed and there is still work to be done that the release would reflect off track.

1 answer

2 votes
Chiragkumar Rupani
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 25, 2019

Hi Diego,

Thanks for letting us know. The is definitely an issue and the past release shouldn't be shown as on-track. This is already in our roadmap and planned to be fixed.

Regarding how the release status (on-track/off-track) is calculated, here is the explanation.

Release status is calculated based on the target dates of any issues assigned to the release. Here are the definitions:

Released - If the release is Released (i.e. released in Jira) then it's status is not calculated. The release status is only calculated for the Unreleased releases.

On-track - If the all issues assigned to the release are starting and finishing before the release date then the release is on-track. Also if there are no issues assigned to the release or none of the issues assigned to the release has dates then also it will be on-track.

Off-track - If any of the issues is starting or ending beyond the release date then the release is off-track.

Just note that currently the issue status is not taken into account and the release status is purely calculated based on the target dates set on the issues assigned to it. We are trying to improve this behavior, so keep following the documentation.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiraportfolioserver/managing-releases-952623605.html

I hope this helps, let us know if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Portfolio for Jira 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events