Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does Portfolio for Jira create issues?

Tyler Dalious August 8, 2018

For example, I want to copy the Fix Version of my Feature (Feature parent links to Epic) to my Epic through the use of a post function (provided by Jira Workflow Toolbox). When I create an Epic through Jira Software's Create button, I select my target feature in the Parent link field, and upon creation my Fix Version is copied over (via said post function).

However, when I create an Epic in Portfolio linked to my target feature, I commit the change and the field is not copied over.

So I'm not sure how Portfolio creates issues. I would have assumed it would use the same process Jira does since it's an add-on. Any ideas?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Harding August 9, 2018

Portfolio for Jira creates issues without their issue links (at first) and so post-functions referencing these issue links will fail. Vote for the issue below!

See alsoAtlassian Community Article: Should creating issues in JIRA Portfolio apply post-functions as per project workflow?

JPO Server Suggestion: Issue creation from Portfolio plan does not create the Epic Link on the first step

Tyler Dalious August 12, 2018

Great, thanks for the info, voted!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events