Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you Bulk change linked issues

Roberto Benites April 6, 2023

I am trying to figure out how to BULK add multiple issues to a single issue and how to change the status from Blocked by to Relates to for all the issues currently linked to the single one.

I have seen other posts about this BUT the UI and options do not appear in my companies JIRA instance.

2 answers

0 votes
Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 9, 2023

Hi @Roberto Benites

to the best of my knowledge, issue linking is not available through Jira's built-in bulk editing feature. 

However, if you're open to solutions from the Atlassian Marketplace, I believe your use case would be relatively easy to solve with the app that my team is working on, JXL for Jira.

JXL is a full-fledged spreadsheet/table view that allows viewing, inline-editing, sorting, and filtering by all your issue fields, much like you’d do in e.g. Excel or Google Sheets. This includes, of course, linked issues, and several other issue-linking-related data. It also supports bulk-editing via copy/paste, like so:

bulk-issue-linking.gif

You can copy/paste between JXL and pretty much any other app, and update any number of issues in one action - so you should be done with your work in no time! It's also worth noting that JXL can do much more than that: From support for configurable issue hierarchies and groupings, to sum-ups, and conditional formatting.

Any questions just let me know,

Best,

Hannes

0 votes
Riley Venable April 6, 2023

To bulk add multiple issues to a single issue in Jira, follow these steps:

1. Perform a search for the issues you want to add to the single issue.

2. Select the issues you want to add by ticking the checkbox next to each issue.

3. Click on the "More" button (represented by three dots) and select "Bulk Change all n issues."

4. Select the "Link Issues" operation from the drop-down list and click "Next."

5. Select the "Relates To" relationship type.

6. In the "To Issues" section, type in the key of the issue you want to link the selected issues to.

7. Click "Next," review the changes and click "Confirm" to complete the bulk linking operation.

To change the status from "Blocked by" to "Relates to" for all the issues currently linked to the single one, follow these steps:

1. Open the issue that has the "Blocked by" links.

2. Scroll down to the "Linked Issues" section and locate the issues that are currently "Blocked by" it.

3. For each issue, click on the "Link Issue" button and select "Edit."

4. Select the "Relates To" relationship type.

5. Remove the "Blocked by" relationship by clicking the "x" button next to it.

6. Click "Link" to save the changes. Note: If the UI and options do not appear in your company's JIRA
Alexander Israel
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 18, 2023

"Link Issues" described in step (4) does not exist:

Bulk Operations.png

Like # people like this
Alexander Israel
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 18, 2023

This is displayed in case 'Edit Issues' is selected

Unavailable.png

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events