How do I get the Parent Issue Script Field to show Initiative (2nd Level) on tickets?

Anthony Cardone October 30, 2017

Hello,

I'm using one of the new scriptrunner canned scripts, called 'Show Parent Issue in Hierarchy'. My goal is to have a field that shows the Initiative that a story relates to.

Our Portfolio hierarchy is: Value Stream --> Initiative --> Epic --> Story --> Sub-task

When I choose 'Value Stream' as the Target Issue Type, it works, showing me the value stream above the issue I'm looking at. When I choose Initiative (or Epic), I get nothing back. See attached image for setup... help?

Screen Shot 2017-10-30 at 10.png

2 answers

0 votes
Sam Martin January 14, 2019

Did you ever find a solution to this?

Anthony Cardone January 14, 2019

Nope. My workaround was to use scriptrunner jql syntax like this in filters, reports, agile board etc...:

issuefunction in linkedIssuesOf("issuefunction in portfolioChildrenOf('key = ABC-123')", "is Epic of")

Note: ABC-123 is the Initiative in this example

0 votes
Stephane Genin November 28, 2017

Hi,

I have the same issue. Except that the Epic is displayed. I can't display the Initiative.

Stéphane

sambomartin January 14, 2019

Thanks. I guess that solves the reporting side.

No easy way of reporting in a way to show the initiative summary in the results. The parent link field only returns the key in exported issue reports.

I guess a custom script field is the only way? IE recurse the hierarchy?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events