Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I associate a Team with a Board in Portfolio for JIRA?

Carl Bradbury May 31, 2018

I have created a Plan in Portfolio which contains multiple Projects (lets say A,B,C,D,E and F) and have created two scrum Boards which cover one or more projects (e.g. Board1 covers A,B,C and Board2 covers D,E,F). I then created two teams (Team1, Team2) and I want to associate the teams with the respective boards.

When I go to set up the teams in Portfolio there is a drop-down that says "No associated projects or boards". However, when I click on the drop-down it only offers me a list of Projects but not boards, and it only allows the selection of one project.

How can I associate my teams to boards, rather than being forced to have one team per project?

1 answer

1 vote
Rik de Valk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 5, 2018

Hi Carl, To link boards to teams you must add the Boards as Issue Source. So it is not sufficient to have the projects as Issue Sources. The reason is that some data (sprints, velocity) is linked to Boards, not projects. So have you added the Boards as issue sources in you Plan Configuration? 

Carl Bradbury June 19, 2018

Thank you, Rik! That solved my issue.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events