Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i prevent changing ticket description after ticket is scheduled for Sprint development?

Sayeedul Islam Sumon April 6, 2021

Lot of times reporters/team members are changing ticket specifications after the ticket has been scheduled for a Sprint. 

We don't allow any requirement change after Sprint started.

Please help me if there is any way.

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 6, 2021

Hi @Sayeedul Islam Sumon welcome to the Atlassian Community.

When I read the team members/ reporters, I understand they have certain level of control on the Jira issues (as set in the schema by Admin).

1) One best way to restrict the modifications is to have a "working agreement" within the Scrum team members before Sprint starts.

You (as a PM/ SM/ PO), ensure team are adhering to the working agreement and except the designated role (in Jira as per your project permissions) no team member is liable to modify.

2) From the Jira ticket history, you will come to know who is frequently changing the ticket description. Talk to him and understand the root cause (requirements gap, understanding gap, breaking the user stories into task issues, communication gap within the Scrum team members) etc. etc.

3) You will get the solution if followed the above 2 steps.

Please stay safe and stay healthy.

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 6, 2021

Hi @Sayeedul Islam Sumon 

Agreeing and adding to what @G subramanyam suggests...

Consider having a conversation with the team to understand why/when/what the team would change in a description.  For example, perhaps the team adds clarifying details or assumptions discovered after work began.

If you want to improve visibility to changes, you could add an automation rule to make description changes visible after sprint start.  That would help in those conversations with the team, and provide ideas for your next retrospective about the issue.

Best regards,

Bill

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events