Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I show Scrum Teams and Kanban Teams in a single plan?

Ebony Burroughs July 16, 2018

I have one Project with a single backlog. The backlog is split between 2 scrum teams and one kanban team. Will the kanban team need it's own portfolio plan or can it be shown along with the other two scrum teams?

3 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ryan Fish
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 2, 2018

@Ebony Burroughs
Two steps:
1. Select your portfolio then select "configure" from the ellipsis next to the portfolio name
Add the teams under configuration/ issue sources.
Select the board to pull issues (kanban, scrum, agile)

2. From your portfolio landing page select team tab
select "create team"
name it then add
find the team from your list and select the issue board to pull issues from (Kanban or Scrum)

Ebony Burroughs August 6, 2018

Thanks Ryan. I followed these steps but after I "create team" and associate it to the appropriate board, it shows as Scrum. I figured out I had to go into the plan configuration settings and change the Planning unit to days to give me the option to change this team to Kanban.

Ryan Fish
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 6, 2018

You are welcome Ebony, the source is whatever instantiation the board was originally, i.e. if it was created as a Kanban board, then the source will be Kanban. 
Good call on changing it. You found a way! :)

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 18, 2018

Hi Ebony,

It's certainly not necessary to have separate plans for each. You can definitely have multiple teams of different types within the same plan.

However, I would recommend that if each team has a big scope (1000s of open issues being worked on at any time) then it would be worth having separate plans for each.

Let me know if you have any questions about that.

Regards,

Shannon

0 votes
Deleted user May 21, 2021

f your scrum teams use story points you can't mix the team/project types.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events