How can I see who created a Plan?

Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 2, 2022

As a site admin, how can I see who created each plan? The list of plans on our site is getting out of hand, and I suspect that many of them were created simply as experiments and then abandoned. I can't just delete those, though, without getting the OK from whoever created them.

When I create plans, by default I'm added as the Lead, but as you can see from the screenshot, many of our plans don't have a lead. I'm not sure how that happens, but I can't rely on that information being there.

2022-06-02 11_10_18-Plans - Jira.png

1 answer

1 vote
Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 6, 2022

Hey @Esther Strom 

Good question and frankly one I'm uncertain of an answer to.
As for the population of the "lead", I've just had a look around and my guess is, this auto adding of the creator as "Lead" is new, as I am marked as lead of about 6 plans...the latest ones I've created. Older ones I know I created, the Lead is blank.

Not helpful, I realise. But just thought I advise of my findings.

Morten Stensgaard September 21, 2022

Exact same issue here on Jira On-Prem (Datacenter)

No way of identifying "When" and "Who" in Advanced Roadmaps.

Looks like "Lead" is a Cloud Only functionality(once again!)

@Esther Strom In our use case, we do not use Programs - So we put all in a 2022 Program and then review them yearly and roll/remap them to new Program 2023.

Any Plan that we suspect is not actively used, is then moved to a Under Decom-Program where we set permissions to System-admins only.

If no-one complaints within 3 months, we delete the plan.

Shitty manual procedure - But it works

Wish:
-Last updated timestamp
+
+Have an Automation rule that reminds Plan Lead to review/update/delete their Program/Plans every x months since Last update.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events