Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I see the initiatives in which my teams are involved ?

BrosseauDamien _Consultant_ February 15, 2021

Hi, my team is (projet XYZ). There are multiples Initiative across the organization (issuetype = initiative) and I would like to get all the initiatives where my team is involved across the organization

It should look like this request which works for Epics. I would like something similar for Initiatives

• issueFunction in InitiativeOf("project in (XYZ)")

I have script runner and Jira Cloud

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kate Kabir
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 15, 2021

Hi @BrosseauDamien _Consultant_ 

I can confirm that ScriptRunner for Jira Cloud does not support does not currently support searching for issues below an initiative like you can do in the server version of the plugin.

Also, I can confirm that the issuesInEpics() JQL function only supports getting issues which are below an Epic issue type as described in the documentation page for this JQL function located here.

This means that you will not be able to achieve your requirement of getting issues linked to an initiative inside of Jira cloud currently as we do not provide any JQL functions to achieve this as the server version does with the portfolioChildrenOf() JQL function and if this something you would like to see in the plugin then I would ask you to raise this as a feature request on our public backlog located here so that the product owner can see this.

However, I have checked and Jira Cloud provides some native JQL functions that can be used to search for issues below an Initiative issue and this means you could run a query similar to below inside of the regular Jira JQL search which is similar to below that will return all issues below an Initiative issue and you may be able to use this to achieve your requirement.

issue in portfolioChildIssuesOf("<IssueKeyHere>")

I hope this helps.

Thank you

Kind Regards

Kate

BrosseauDamien _Consultant_ February 16, 2021

Thank you kate for the information, I have added an item in the backlog as suggested. I hope this will be available soon.

Damien

Like Kate Kabir likes this
0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 15, 2021

Hi @BrosseauDamien _Consultant_,

This depends totally on how you associate issues to your team. If your team has its work in a Jira project called "XYZ" or in three different projects X, Y and Z, it could be as simple as this:

Issuetype = Initiative AND Project = XYZ 

or

Issuetype = Initiative AND Projects in (X, Y, Z)

That answer is based entirely on the assumption that you have Initiative issuetypes for your team in that / those project(s) 

BrosseauDamien _Consultant_ February 15, 2021

thank you, but maybe I was not clear. My team XYZ is working under an initiative AAA-1234 in project AAA, so another project. I need a request that can show me all the initiative I'm working on (in ou outside my project)

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 15, 2021

The question remains how you indicate or may retrieve that your team is working on that initiative.

Since you seem to be using Advanced Roadmaps, you have the team field to indicate what issues belong with a team. How we usually set this up is as follows:

• for initiatives that are worked on by a single team, we assign that team to the initiative;
  • for initiatives that are being worked on by multiple teams, we leave the team unassigned.

We use the advanced roadmaps team field and shared teams for that purpose, by the way.

If we then want to pull a list of initiatives that are/may be relevant for our team, we use the following JQL:

Issuetype = Initiative AND (Team = "My Team" OR Team IS EMPTY)

That may pull in initiatives that may not be relevant to our team, I hear you say. And that is true, but it does pull in all explicitly defined team initiatives and all candidate initiatives as well.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events