Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I see the epic hierarchy with all the tasks from different projects on my roadmap?

Mister Twister May 12, 2022

I can`t find the way to see my Epics with its sub-tasks on my Roadmap. Epics are in 2 different projects. Also epics includes tasks from 4 different Jira projects.
Is it possible to see full hierarchy Epic to story if the stories are in different projects?

Steps:
1. Make filter "project in (A, B, C. ..)
2. Make a Board using the filter. Share all the projects in my Filter Query.
3. Make my Roadmap. Issue sources is my board. Filter on Roadmap by project (2 from all)
4. Looks good but I am trying to group by project to put in order.
Problem: Now under each epic I see the only tasks with set projects in filter.
Is there some way to avoid it?

1 answer

0 votes
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 12, 2022

HI @Mister Twister welcome to the Atlassian Community.

Are you on Server/Data Center or on Cloud?

Are you using a Kanban or a Scrum board? If you have a Kanban board, have you defined a sub-filter?

If you group by project, it will only display the tasks from that project, that would seem normal.

Can you share a screenshot and tell us which task you would like to see under which epic?

Mister Twister May 12, 2022

Hi @Dave Mathijs 
It` s Kanban, sub-filter "fixVersion in unreleasedVersions() OR fixVersion is EMPTY"

It`s obvious about "Group by", I discard it, thanks.
image_2022-05-12_19-14-21.png
I want to see epics from 2 project on roadmap and its tasks from 4 another projects. Now looks like it work but I can`t see all task under epic. Some of it did not show. For example, Regpark-213 doesn`t have tasks at all. No filters for status is activated.
image_2022-05-12_19-16-23.png

Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 12, 2022

Does the board include project DESIGN, MFA and UN?

Can you share the issue source of your plan of the filter query of your board?

Mister Twister May 13, 2022

Yes, it does.
board.png
I wonder why there are less tasks than it should be.

Snipaste_2022-05-13_18-57-56.pngSnipaste_2022-05-13_18-55-29.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events