Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I search Portfolio for Jira.

hgmin777 September 10, 2019

Hello,

I  purchased JIRA and Portfolio for Jira (Server version for 10 users)

I perform the below article. Howerver, I can't search  Portfolio for Jira. 

How can I search the plugin.

Best regards,

Hyun

How to install Portfolio for Jira

The following steps assume that you're already using either Jira Core Server or Jira Software Server, preferably the latest version. Depending on the version you're running, the menu items may vary.

1. In Jira, go to  > Manage apps or Add-ons.
  2. Click Find new apps or Find new add-ons.
  3. In the 'Search the Marketplace' box, enter Portfolio for Jira, then click Enter.
  4. Click Free trial. Wait a few seconds until the subscription is updated.
  5. Click Get started.
  6. Click Create a plan to start working with Portfolio for Jira.

1 answer

0 votes
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 17, 2019

Hello Hyun,

Welcome to the community and thanks for reaching out.

Are you asking how to access the application and application administration setting after installing or are you looking to search via JQL for portfolio related fields?

To access the application there will be a portfolio drop down menu added to the top navigation menu like this:

Screen Shot 2019-09-17 at 11.20.12 AM.png

This menu will give you access to both the administrative functions and the option to create plans.  Check out our "Getting started with Portfolio for Jira" guide for more details on setting up the application.

Alternatively if you are looking to search for content within a plan using JQL check out the following two guides that give details on the Portfolio specific JQL terms:

Regards,
Earl

hgmin777 September 17, 2019

Dear Earl

Hello, 

Thank you for your answer.

The attached image is the search result.

However, What is Portfolio for JIRA?

Are BigPicture, BigGantt, and BigPicture Enterprise Portfolio for JIRA? 

Best regards,

Hyun Min

market.jpg

Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 18, 2019

Hi Hyun,

Ok I got ya, and that is odd, as searching for portfolio in the "Find New apps" section should show portfolio but have a mange option instead of the "Free Trial"/"Buy Now" options that would be present when it's not installed.

As you noted that you already installed portfolio on the system  you should see a link to "Manage" the Portfolio app on that search that would redirect you to the "manage apps" section for the app.   There are two locations for looking at apps,  the search in your screenshot is to find new apps to install,  From that page you can search for the app specifications and  and then the menu option for manage apps, is the location for enabling/disabling apps and managing license details. 

I am wondering if the app had an error on install, or has a version conflict with either jira or another add-on, and got stuck in a bad state only partially complete installing.  Let's get some additional details to take a closer look.

First what version of Jira are you running?  Go to "Administration >> Applications >> Versions & Licensing" and grab a screenshot of the versions making sure that you  DO NOT include the SEN or license info in the screenshot.

Next, can you check in the "Manage Apps" menu and do a search for Portfolio.  When Portfolio is installed you should see 3 apps listed that each have different modules that work together to make up the full application

• Portfolio for JIra
  • Portfolio plans
  • Portfolio Team Management

If the apps are listed, What version is installed, and can you expand the three apps check to see if any of them are flagged as disabled or incompatible, or if any of the modules are listed as disabled within each app.  Modules will be listed as "# of # modules enabled"  and if the #'s are mismatched you have a failed module.

Next I would recomend checking out this KB article that details the steps to identify via the data base if an app is flagged as disabled due to a failing bundled plugin:

Run the search query and let me know the results:

SELECT * FROM pluginstate where pluginenabled = 'false';

Then let's verify if portfolio is flagged in the logging for the next step.  Check your atlassian-jira.log file located in the $jira-home/log directory, for a section called "*******FAILED PLUGIN REPORT*******"  and note the output of this section.

As for what Portfolio for Jira is vs the other apps in the search option, Portfolio for Jira is an app extension made by Atlassian that is designed to work with Jira Software projects to add in a roadmapping functionality to forecast release planning based on various inputs like team size, velocity, and estimates. 

Where BigGant, BigPicture, ect... are Third part apps (Apps created by Non-Atlassian organizations to extend the functionality of the Atlassian suite of applications) that offer specific functionality that is related to but separate from the functionality provided by Portfolio. 

The list generated is a list of related applications to your search team, with similar functionality to apps in the search team or applications that extend the functionality of the app you searched for, Or Terms in the search are mentioned in the description, noting BigGantt and Big Picture have descriptions that note being "project portfolio management" tools, you can check out the market place listings at marketplace.atlassian.com using the same search terms and get additional details on each of the applications specific functionality and links to the app vendors documentation websites.

Regards,
Earl

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events