Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I find issues that are not assigned to a sprint but are scheduled during that time?

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 17, 2022

See the photo below - I have a sprint that Advanced Roadmaps is showing as over capacity, but the workload of the sprint says otherwise.  Still, it seems Advanced Roadmaps is looking beyond what is in the sprint.  How can I find these issues?  Every JQL I come up with comes up empty, and I can't find a way to isolate them in Roadmaps.

unassigned.png

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 8, 2022

Time to answer my own question.  Should I vote for my answer?

When looking at a sprint in a plan, how can we isolate the issues that have been scheduled during a sprint but not assigned to a sprint, yet are consuming sprint capacity?

• This is a little tricky as it is hard to differentiate which issues are assigned to the sprint and which are not in the Plan view, the best approach would be to search for them using a JQL.
  • You can look for issues that are between the sprint dates and not part of any sprint by performing the JQL:
    ((duedate >= "2022/03/07" and duedate <= "2022/03/25") or ("Start date[Date]" >= "2022/03/07" and "Start date[Date]" <= "2022/03/25")) and sprint is empty

• This works for the current sprint for the next you would have to change the dates accordingly. This JQL returns all issues that have a due date or a start date during the sprint and are not assigned to a sprint.

In the absence of date values in these issues is there a JQL statement that could identify these issues?

• This can only happen if you are using inferred dates based on the Sprint dates and the sprints overlaps, for this case I'm afraid the only option would be checking the previous sprint stories and setting a due date to them before the new sprint start date.

Lastly, if an issue rolls over from a previous sprint, will it continue to consume capacity, even if it is closed at the start of the current sprint?

• Yes, any issue that has a start or due date between the current sprint dates will be counted for the capacity.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events