How can I filter a board based on scheduled start date

Marcel Schot October 31, 2018

Hi,

I have started to use Portfolio and I think it can really help me with the planning and insight into workload and duration.

The issue is that I do not understand how it links to the teams. What I would like to do is plan with the team and then have the items on their board based on the status the item is in and the scheduled / planned start date. However I cannot filter based on the planned start date in the boards in Jira it appears.

Hope you can help either with telling me how you use portfolio to plan and manage the work going to your teams or by telling me how I can filter.

Regards,

Marcel

1 answer

0 votes
samrobertsofficial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 8, 2018

Hi @Marcel Schot,

At the moment 'schedule start' + 'schedule end' fields are only available in Portfolio and aren't surfaced in Jira. This is because the same issue might have different schedule dates in different plans (might have different estimates or team velocities). I understand if this is not ideal. 

There are 2 ways that come to mind to get what you're looking for.

1. In the scope table, use the checkboxes to select the issues you care about, then choose the "Set targets" -> Set target dates from calculated. Then you'll need to commit those changes into Jira from Portfolio. You could then filter 'target dates' in Jira. Keep in mind this will override any target dates you already have (if you are using them)

2. If you are a Server customer running at least version 2.18, you could investigate whether trying out our new experience will help. In the new experience, Portfolio manipulates target dates directly, rather than schedule dates. You can read more here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-discussions/Unlock-a-new-planning-experience-in-Portfolio-for-Jira-Server-2/td-p/932559

Thanks,

Sam

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events