Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How are issues excluded from being shown in the scope view of JIRA Portfolio?

Baheej Al-Khatib May 28, 2019

In the previous version of portfolio, you would be able to easily exclude issues in the scope view of a plan by selecting the checkbox next to an epic or story then clicking exclude from plan.

Does anyone know how to do this on the new version of portfolio?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Chiragkumar Rupani
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 28, 2019

Hi Baheej,

In the new version, the terminology has changed from Excluding to Removing and hence you may not be able to find it in the docs.

You can find help here.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiraportfolioserver/removing-issues-965567130.html

This is how you can remove issues from the scope of a plan.

Remove from Plan.gif

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Portfolio for Jira Team 

Baheej Al-Khatib May 29, 2019

Thank you for the help. I do not have the option to click the checkboxes you are clicking. Do you know why this may be?

There are no checkboxes when I hover over issues.

Baheej Al-Khatib May 29, 2019

Is there also a way to automatically exclude issues without parents. As of now, I have to manually remove issues from my plan that do not have parents every time they are added. 

Baheej Al-Khatib May 30, 2019

As you can see in this photo, there is no option for me to do what you did in the video.

Portfolio markup.png

Chiragkumar Rupani
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 30, 2019

Hi Baheej,

I think you have an old version of Portfolio. The bulk actions feature was introduced in 2.23 version

Please check and upgrade your version to get the checkboxes and remove issues from plan feature.

In case, you don't want to upgrade. You can disable new planning experience, go back to Live plans, remove issues from the plan and come back to the new planning experience.

Regarding other question, there is no way to automatically exclude issues without parents in the plan, but you can exclude issues without parents by unticking the checkbox while configuring issue sources or creating a plan.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiraportfolioserver/creating-portfolio-plans-970267321.html

I hope this helps. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards,

Portfolio for Jira Team. 

Like Baheej Al-Khatib likes this
Baheej Al-Khatib May 31, 2019

Thank you that helps!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events