Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hierarcy and structure with Portfolio

Kara Wong September 23, 2019

We would like to implement the use of Portfolio but am struggling with determining how to map our hierarchy given the following constraints/criteria:

- We are a team of about 60, and we have both overall OKRs we need to track along with team level OKRs. It would make most sense to map the individual team level OKRs to Epics, but then where would the overarching OKRs goal (i.e. goals for the entire team of 60) map to? I at first thought initiatives but that doesn't function as how I thought.

We want to be able to track burn against all the OKRs so the user stories and tasks must roll up into them in some logical form. 

Anyone else have this problem in trying to distinguish between high level vs individual team level goals. All of which would roll up into each other?

1 answer

0 votes
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 30, 2019

Hi Kara,

The use case you noted sounds like it would be a perfect fit to use initiatives for the company-wide OKRs.  Depending on what you are looking to set up Themes may be more of what you are looking for, and I recomend checking out the following Blog post that goes into more detail on the intended use case for the different hierarchy levels:

What about the initiatives is not working for your use case?

Regards,
Earl

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events