Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hiding all issues based on filter

Yen Pham May 6, 2021

I'm trying to create a leadership friendly milestone view. Currently in Roadmaps, when an issue is filtered, it still shows as a row, though grayed out. Ideally it wouldn't show as a row at all

Also wondering if filtered issues can be displayed as a diagram

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 6, 2021

Hi @Yen Pham,

Is the greyed out issue a descendant or an ancestor of an issue that matches the filter? For example, if your hierarchy range is set from Initiative to Story and you have an Epic matching the filter then the ancestor would be the Initiative and the Story the descendant.

You can prevent descendants from appearing by switching off the "Show full hierarchy" option shown at the bottom of the filters menu. 

However there is no way of preventing an ancestor from being displayed without modifying the hierarchy range to hide it. The reason for this is that we made the decision to always maintain the issue hierarchy - we felt it would be a mistake that the ancestor would be omitted as this would give the false impression that an issue did not have a parent.

I hope that makes sense, let me know if you need further information.

Regards,

Dave 

Yen Pham May 10, 2021

@Dave yes thanks for the response and your suggestion worked as desired. Thanks!

Like Dave likes this
Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 10, 2021

No worries, @Yen Pham - glad I was able to help!

0 votes
Deleted user March 17, 2022

@Dave Following up on Yen's question. I am trying to determine the amount of work remaining and as such have my filter set to only show In Progress and To Do statuses. However, even with this set, issues that are in 'Done' status still appear which clutter the screen and make it hard to perform this exercise. I don't want to remove 'Done' issues from my plan, but I would like to hide them so I can get to the info I need. Why isn't the filter working as you would expect?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events