Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Group by Component does not work

Lars Morten Nygaard October 25, 2020

We have a project with a wide variety of Components, and when trying to use "View Options, Group By (Component) everything is groups under one folder named "All other issues".

If I try another grouping, e.g. "Assignee", it all works as expected.

Is Group by Component a broke feature, or is there a trick that I'm not aware of.

Any feedback is appreciated.

/LarsM

1 answer

1 vote
Jenn Sherman October 25, 2020

I haven't tried grouping by component, but this might help you. https://confluence.atlassian.com/advancedroadmapscloud/grouping-by-components-998651102.html

Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 26, 2020

Thanks @Jenn Sherman ... you're right that this shows how to group by component. Grouping by component and label is slightly different than the other groupings because multiple values can be assigned.

In a lot of cases we found that users wanted to construct groups rather than having a separate group for each individual component - this also reduces issue duplication across groups where issues have been assigned to multiple components.

It also reduces the number of groups that would be displayed. It does require a little more setup but used in conjunction with saved views this setup should only be required once per plan.

Regards,

Dave

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events