Get all issues for a portfolio

Ashish Yadav June 1, 2018

Hi All,

I am pretty new to JQL. I've been trying to get all the issues (type: Initiative, super-initiative, epic & story) that are part of a portfolio-plan. I've been able to do the same for projects but not able to get the same work for portfolio. Appreciate any help from the community, thank you!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 3, 2018

As of Portfolio for Jira 2.11 you can search for all issues in a plan or a program like this:

All issues in a Portfolio Plan

issuekey in issuesInPlan(54)

where the number '54' is the unique id of your portfolio plan. The ID is shown in the url of your plan.

All issues in a Portfolio Program

issuekey in issuesInProgram(30)

where the number '30' is the unique id of your portfolio program. The ID is shown in the url of your program.

For more details on searching Portfolio related data through JQL, see Atlassian documentation

Ashish Yadav June 4, 2018

Hi Walter,

Thank you for your response. I get "Unable to find JQL function 'issuesInProgram(18)'." error when I execute this query. This is the URL that's generated when I click on the portfolio "secure/PortfolioPlanView.jspa?id=18&sid=17#backlog". Do I need to enable any settings for my user?

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 4, 2018

Hi @Ashish Yadav,

Could you check the version of Portfolio for Jira you are using? And also; are you on Server or Cloud?

Hi @Walter Buggenhout,

The version of Jira Cloud Portfolio is 2.13.

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 4, 2018

Ehm ... now you have me confused. Jira Server (2.13) should have the JQL function just like that. But in Jira Cloud it is unfortunately not available.

See reference documentation here:

@Walter Buggenhout,

I confirmed with the team that the instance of Jira is Jira server, sorry for the confusion. Do you think portfolio level permission might me affecting this, I have read-only access to the Plan.

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 4, 2018

Hi @Ashish Yadav,

Just a couple of things I can think of:

• Based on your response: could you make sure you are searching for a program? If you are searching for the issues in a Plan, you should use "issuekey in issuesInPlan(18)" instead of "issuekey in issuesInProgram(18)".
  • Also the "issuekey in" part should be there.
  • If you're still running into the same issue, maybe the JQL functions are not enabled with your Portfolio instance. If that's the case, you should check the Portfolio Live Plans app through Admin / Manage add-ons. Locate the Portfolio Live Plans app and make sure the JQL functions are enabled:

Screen Shot 2018-06-04 at 23.16.37.png

Ashish Yadav June 11, 2018

Hi @Walter Buggenhout,

The issue was with the version of Jira portfolio we were using. We upgraded to the latest version for Jira portfolio and the query are executing successfully. Thanks a lot for your help with this.

I had another question though. When I execute the query using a API connector, that supports JQL (DOMO), the results returned by the query is api field names and not the actual label that I see on Jira server. Is there a way for me to extract that information. Thank you!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events