Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filtering for this custom field type is not supported

Sari February 23, 2022

Hello!

I created a new field as date picker and associated the screens of the 2 projects for which I created a plan. 

The issue is that I can't select this field to be displayed in my roadmap:

Screenshot_2.png

Could you please assist? 

thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 23, 2022

Are you on Server or Cloud?

Sari February 24, 2022

on Cloud

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 24, 2022

Ok, that rules out a couple of things that can be an issue here.

Date picker fields should be selectable here (and work fine for me, with a simple plan), so the problem is one of three things:

Check the setup of the Deadline and Release Date fields - go to Admin -> Issues -> Custom fields and find the field, then click "edit" next to it.  Check that there is a "searcher" set on the field.

There's a bug in Cloud you are running into that I am not

Your plan has a configuration that blocks the use of the fields.  I've not spent enough time working with plans to have run into this, but I would want to check that your plan only includes projects where these fields are valid for all issue level issue types (stories, issues, bugs etc, I don't think it matters for the other levels - sub-tasks and Epics upwards)

Like Sari likes this
Sari February 25, 2022

Hello, thanks for the support!

I checked but I didn't find any "searcher field".

Sari February 25, 2022

1.png2.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 25, 2022

Sorry, I can never remember exactly what the phrase is for lots of things in Jira.  The "Search Template" is what we were looking for when I said "searcher".  

You've got the one I expected set for Release Date, so that is not the problem.

Only thing now is to check the complexity of your plan to see if it could be invalidating the field.   Pick one of the fields, and check if it is possible to enter it into every issue type in every project your plan includes.

Edit:  

Argh, sorry, the complexity pointer is completely wrong, it's not that either. 

When you add a field to a plan, the "supported" flag is only talking about whether the field can be shown and used in the plan.  It does not tell you if the field can be used in a filter.

Date fields can be used in plans, but they cannot (yet) be used in filters.

Like Sari likes this
Sari March 2, 2022

Ok, Thanks for your reply!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events