Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filter Done Initiatives from Parent Link

Richard Way August 17, 2021

Really enjoying advanced roadmaps, but I ran into an interesting item. Our current Jira server instance is 12+ years old and has a mountain of old epics and stories in it. Moving into the Cloud we're starting fresh, but I want to make sure I'm not setting folks up for headaches. 

Is there a way to filter the Parent Link field? I created an Initiative, set it's status to Done, then created an epic, edited the Parent Link field, and the completed Initiative was still in the list. Not a big issue for the first few months, but that will grow to be quite the list to search through and I can easily see people adding epics to closed initiatives long after they've been complete because they searched on the wrong term or got the wrong initiative. 

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 22, 2021

Hi @Richard Way

presumable this Suggestion describes what you are observing:

Seeing this Suggestion aims towards Advanced Roadmaps on server it could make sense to either comment the Suggestion over there or open a new Suggestion, dedicated to Cloud.

As described on the page itself... "To suggest a new feature, login or create an account then use the Create button in the header." you could do that in case you consider it an improvement for users.

Regards,
Daniel

Richard Way August 23, 2021

Not what I was hoping to hear, but I'll take it. 

0 votes
David Wuth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 17, 2021

click the three dots next to the plan name, then click configure. In the left navigation select Exclusion rules. You can specify the number of days after which excluded issues will be removed from the plan. You can always get them back by changing the number of days to a larger number. 

Richard Way August 17, 2021

Hmm, not quite the issue I'm encountering. 

When I create a new epic, I click the "Parent Link" field, click the drop down, and closed initiatives still show up there.  I want to exclude closed initiatives from the Parent Link field. The excludes for the plan itself should be fine, but so far as I can tell, that won't impact the Parent Link field. 

Like Stephanie High likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events