Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filing bugs into portfolio

Ron Grosberg August 20, 2019

Hi,

How do I file bugs into portfolio?

Specifically using firefox,

I have hierarchy level of more than just epic-story. we use initiative-epic.story.

when trying to use auto-schedule I have a warning about an internal item - the mouse cursor flickers and you have no ability to open the parent item and see the sub-item.

It did work for one of the items, then the next one would start flickering. I tried cancelling and do it again, I tried refreshing the page or opening a new tab... nothing...
Eventually it forced me to install chromium so that I can see what the issue is....

2 answers

0 votes
Emma Ysebaert
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 26, 2019

Hi @Ron Grosberg ,

Thanks for getting back to me with that info. I've tried to replicate your scenario with a nested warning in autoschedule with group by/filter by team applied. I've tested on Firefox 68 on Mac and Windows, and I can't seem to reproduce the mouse cursor flickering behaviour. I'm wondering if this may be a quirk of Firefox on Ubuntu?

As a temporary workaround, does it help to expand all from the issue drop down?

Screen Shot 2019-08-27 at 12.38.47 pm.png 

I'd love to see the screen recording if you're able to get this happening again. 

Ron Grosberg August 27, 2019

Hi Emma,

Thanks for looking at it!

it might be a quirk. to be honest I cannot do auto-scheduling at all. I am not sure what happened, if you have any idea how I can check why -  the auto-schedule keeps scheduling 0 tasks, and nothing I do affects it

Emma Ysebaert
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 27, 2019

Happy to help! Regarding auto-scheduling, if it's scheduling 0 tasks, that just means the algorithm has no optimisations to make (your plan is perfect, congratulations!).

If you wanted to see some auto-schedule changes, you would need to make changes to your plan, for example your auto-schedule settings, team sprint capacity, issue estimate values, target dates etc. There's a plethora of factors that auto-schedule considers - here's some more detailed info if it helps:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiraportfolioserver/auto-scheduling-issues-967895245.html

0 votes
Emma Ysebaert
Atlassian Team
August 20, 2019

Hi @Ron Grosberg ,

Thanks for getting in touch, and I'm sorry you're experiencing this issue.

In order to better understand why this might be occurring, I was hoping you could help me with some further info:

• What is the Firefox version you are using? Are you on Windows or Mac?
  • Do you have any particular view settings or filters applied in your plan?
  • Is this only occurring for you during autoschedule?
  • Is this only occurring for nestings that contain warnings?

A screen recording would also be beneficial if that's possible.

Looking forward to assisting further,

Regards,

Emma

Portfolio for Jira team

Ron Grosberg August 26, 2019

Hi Emma,

Thanks for your help, and sorry for the delay, we have summer vacations so I'm hardly at work these days...

As for your questions:

1. FIrefox version - 68.0.1 (64 bit) - I am not on Mac, nor Windows - I'm on Ubuntu

2. I had one filter - by team, and my view was grouped by team, showing sprints allocation on top

3. Yes, it only happens during auto-schedule when I have warnings

4. Yes - only for nesting containing warning.

I'd love to create a screen recording, but now when I tried it again the auto-schedule keeps telling me that 0 issues were changed, hence I don't get the warnings... I will try to find out why nothing is auto-scheduled right now and then record the issue

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events