Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature and Epic Scheduled Start dates are not always correct

Jovanna Pugh May 13, 2019

In Portfolio, we've created a three tier hierarchy:  Epic -> Feature -> Story.  For some of our Features & Epics, the Scheduled Start & Scheduled End dates are being accurately calculated based on the sprints that the stories are in (example1 screenshot). 

Other Features & Epics seem to be calculating their Scheduled Start dates incorrectly.  The stories have accurate Scheduled Start dates, but the Feature & Epic do not (example2 screenshot).

This matters because Epics with incorrect Scheduled Start dates make the Schedule view inaccurately look like we're working on those Epics when we're really not. 

Does anyone know why this might be and how I can correct it?example1.pngexample2.png

1 answer

0 votes
Thomas
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 23, 2019

Hi @Jovanna Pugh

I understand why this calculation result is misleading. Something seems to be pushing your Feature to start earlier but I couldn't immediately think of a likely scenario where this would happen.

To help me understand a bit better what could be happening, could you share, out of those issues (Stories, Features and Epic), which are manually assigned to releases (and with fixed or not start/end dates), which have estimations and finally which have sprint assignment.

Cheers,

Thomas

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events