It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Exclude stages for an Epic in Portfolio

Hello community!

I've set the Stages and Skills for my teams in Portfolio but I cannot seem to make exclusions for specific Epics when estimating on the Scope view.

Since skill based estimations are all cumulative, I cannot seem to override the whole estimation with just one skill.

See below screenshot, a particular Epic can require only Backend work:

Screen Shot 2019-03-20 at 10.05.59.png

1 answer

0 votes

Hello Mehmet,

The Epic is going to have a roll up of all the child issues contained in that epic, so you are going to want to look at the estimates at the story level to influence that roll up.

Looking at this screenshot:

Screen Shot 2019-03-21 at 4.30.42 PM.png

Expanding the skills looking at ASDF-2 the estimate is at the story directly but the other two are estimated at the Skill,  When estimated at teh story level it distributes the points out across all the skills, then rolls up to the epic.

Looking at the next Screenshot:

Screen Shot 2019-03-21 at 4.59.09 PM.png

I set all 3 stories estimates at the Same skill now so now only that skill rolls up to the epic.

Regards,
Earl

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Advanced Roadmaps

3 short videos to help you get started with Advanced Roadmaps

Hi community, I’m Roi, a product manager working on Advanced Roadmaps for Jira. While Advanced Roadmaps is a powerful tool to plan and track work at scale, we know it can be challenging to get star...

3,532 views 22 15
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you