We upgraded a QA environment to v8.5.1 and uninstalled Jira Portfolio
Upon testing the upgrade we found that when we create an issue we don't get confirmation that the issue was created even though it was
Our tech team then installed Jira Portfolio again and just disabled it which fixed the create confirmation issue.
I am just wondering what else we need to do to be able to uninstall Jira Portfolio and not just disable it.
Thank you for reaching out.
Checking other similar cases, I believe that the error when creating issues once you have uninstalled the Portfolio add-on is happening because maybe some custom fields or app entities are still available on Jira Database tables after the removing of the add-on.
That being said, to uninstall and remove the custom fields completely, you can follow the steps below:
- Take a database backup first
- Find all the Portfolio custom field name and IDs from the custom field database table, under the class names com.atlassian.jpo.xxxxxxxx and com.atlassian.teams.xxxxxxxx. There should be 5 of them.
- Re-install Portfolio plugin and enable it (if you have not done so), this is so that you can remove the custom fields via the UI
- Run this SQL query to unlock the fields so that you can remove it (replace xxxxx with the IDs you found previously). There is no need to stop Jira to do this.UPDATE managedconfigurationitem set managed='false' where item_id in ('customfield_xxxxx','customfield_xxxxx','customfield_xxxxx','customfield_xxxxx','customfield_xxxxx');
- Once done, you can search for the field in the UI and delete all 5 portfolio custom fields. To ensure that you are deleting the correct custom field, take note on the custom field ID on the URL when you mouse over the "Delete" option, ie: http://<base URL>/secure/admin/DeleteCustomField!default.jspa?id=xxxxx, where xxxxx is the custom field ID
- After deleting the custom field, proceed and uninstall the Portfolio add-on by following the steps under "Uninstalling an app by removing its JAR file" section of the documentation below:
Let us know if the steps worked for you.
Hi community, I’m Roi, a product manager working on Advanced Roadmaps for Jira. While Advanced Roadmaps is a powerful tool to plan and track work at scale, we know it can be challenging to get star...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events