Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Epics linked to initiative not appearing in portfolio

sharmila.patwardhan February 20, 2020

I have created epics with parent link as initiative. In one of the portfolios I am able to see hierarchy as initiatives and linked epics. But in second portfolio, the epics are not appearing under initiative, how is that possible when it is correctly linked and showing in one portfolio correctly.

1 answer

0 votes
Roi Fine
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 23, 2020

Hi @sharmila.patwardhan ,

Good question. I'll try to help.

A Portfolio plan is an editable view of your work in Jira. The view is defined by the plan's issue sources. In your example, I suspect that one plan doesn't have the right issue sources. Make sure to add the issue source with your initiatives.

Here are some related documents - https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiraportfolioserver/configuring-issue-sources-935577871.html 

I hope my answer helps you. Happy to answer further questions.

Roi

sharmila patwardhan April 22, 2020

I can see the Epic in the portfolio, but its showing in Orphan section inspite of having correct link to Initiative

Like Ian G_ Clark likes this
Derek Jackson March 10, 2021

I ran into this today, I found the fix is to go to the Epic and just update its status do something else, then back to what it was. For some reason this makes it show up in the Plan.

Azam Chishti April 28, 2021

We are having similar issue but couldn't find supporting articles to resolve this issue. When we create Epics under Initiative in Advanced roadmap they appear under "Issues without parent Epic" section. I think it's bug in Advanced Roadmap.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events