Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duration of tasks always equals one day with Kanban teams

ALSC
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 30, 2020

Hi all, 

we are currently testing the Advanced Roadmaps feature within the Jira Premium subscription. I used the 'Auto-schedule' feature to plan a few dummy tasks with a team of the 'Kanban' team type. After auto-scheduling, many of the tasks obtain the duration of one although some of them have a duration > 1 (see image below) . Is this the expected behavior or a bug?

Kind regards

Alex

Screenshot_AdvRoad_Kanban.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
Ollie Reid March 25, 2021

Hi,

is this still an issue? How many hours or days have you allocated to the team?

ALSC
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 26, 2021

Hi Ollie,

thank you for your reply.

The team has a capacity of 200 hours per week. I think the duration of one on the timeline above is due to the team capacity of 40 per working day. An estimate of 2 days corresponds to 16 hours (due to our global time tracking settings). So the task could be processed in one day by the whole team. However I find this a bit confusing because if a person is assigned to a task I cannot assume that the whole team is working on the task. 

I think I would have to generate a team for every assignee such that this works as I expect it to.

Kind regards

Alexander

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events