Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Done issues having "unresolved" resolutions disappear whereas the ones with "done" is visible

Nivedita R September 17, 2020

In the Portfolio plan, we get to see the issues with status"Done" and Resolution "Done", But the ones with Status "Done" and Resolution - unresolved (since there is no post function set and there is no way to update that field) are not appearing in the plan. 

image.png

Though the status is Done under different Jira Projects, in one of the Project where the resolution is "Unresolved", those entries only don't appear in Plan. The other Done-Done issues are appearing in the Portfolio plan. 

1 answer

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 17, 2020

@Nivedita R - One thing that you should look at your board to ensure the last column contains your terminal status for issues (where you are sourcing from in your plan).  In general, if an issue is "DONE" meaning resolution field is not NULL, then it will drop off from your plan by default.  

In your ask - "ones with Status "Done" and Resolution - unresolved", this is an critical issue of yoru WF in your associated project where you need to look at the post function of the issue transition into the DONE status because you should not have any "DONE" issues without resolution being set.  You need to fix it in Jira.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph

Nivedita R September 18, 2020

Thanks for your response. 

I have Project Administrator access to my project. 

I am not able to view the details of the Post Functions. 

image.png

I have two questions. 

1. How to set the right resolution? You have clarified that I need to set this value in the Post Function. I will take the help of my Jira administrator and do the needful there. 

2. The other question is about Portfolio. What is the basis for it to show the issues? How is that the issues from other projects with status and resolution as done is still appearing in Portfolio plan while the closed / done ones from my project is not coming though (incorrectly) the resolution remains as "unresolved".  Should it not be the other way? If there is a proper resolution, it would not appear in Portfolio. Is the visibility in the plan determined by the status or resolution or any other field ?  

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 18, 2020

@Nivedita R - To see the post function details, you will need to access the WF in EDIT mode.

Take a look at those issues with resolution and still showing on the plan in your Jira's Scrum Board/Kanban board and access those boards' configuration and make sure the status associated with those issues are placed in the last (right most) column.

By default in Jira, when a issue is completed, the resolution should always be populated.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph

Nivedita R September 21, 2020

Hi @Joseph Chung Yin 

The closed ones are appearing in the last column in the Kanban board and the Plan is based on that board.  

Using Post Functions, I have now set a proper value for the resolution field for the issues in status called "Closed" which is one of the DONE statuses. 

But still for one of the Jira project, these Closed issues are not appearing in Portfolio plan while in the same plan, for the other Jira projects, the Done issues are visible. 

Thanks for your interest in helping to resolve this issue. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events