Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the Initiative Level need to be added to all the projects for me to use in the Roadmap?

Rita Patel October 6, 2022

Hello, I am new to AR.  I am trying to group multiple Epics from Multiple Projects to an Initiative (Initiative resides in a separate Project).  I would like to show all the Epics and Stories/Tasks that belong to 1 initiative across Jira Projects in 1 View. 

Thanks

Rita 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 6, 2022

Hi @Rita Patel and welcome to the community!

You'll need to update your plan sources to include all relevant projects under the plan settings.  You have three options:

1. Board
  2. Project
  3. Filter

All three have their different use cases for when they should be used. If you're dealing with say, up to 4 or 5 projects, you can add each one individually.  Otherwise, I recommend creating a filter that covers the full scope of projects you'd like included and using that filter as your source (e.g. project IN (projectA, projectB, projectC, etc.). 

Don't forget to include your Initiative project in the list.  🙂

Ah I think that Helps.  I didn't include my Initiative Project.  Will I need to add the Parent link to all the Epics that I want in a Particular Initiative?  

Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 6, 2022

Yes - The parent link is what binds the Epic and children for the roadmap view.  Depending upon how many Epics you could go a couple ways with that:

1. Drag and Drop in the Roadmap view
  2. If you have business logic to define which epics should be linked to which Initiatives, you could set up a one-time automation rule to perform the linking in bulk or execute JQL in batches and bulk update
  3. Manually link each epic one by one

Thank you

Like • Mark Segall likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events