Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Portfolio for Jira provide the functionality of MS Project?

TamasS December 5, 2018

Hi Everyone,

we bought Portfolio for Jira and many users of our Jira approached me whether Portfolio does provide similar functionalities like MS Project especially Gantt chart.

We are on configuring Portfolio but so far without success:((

Most of the issues having Resolution on them disappear from Portfolio. The problem is that we have to follow-up the progress of the tickets and also the already resolved ones!

Could you give me hints or just state that we cannot have similar functions like MS Project?

Thank you!

1 answer

0 votes
Rhys Christian
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 6, 2018

Hey Tamas,

My name’s Rhys, I’m a PM on Portfolio for Jira Server.
I’m not too familiar with the whole host of MS project functionality but I’m happy to discuss the functionality you desire and whether or not they are included with Portfolio, or planned to be delivered in future scope.

Firstly, are you using Jira in cloud or server? And if you’re using server than are you using the new experience that we recently released as an ‘early access’ feature? (See this article for more details on that: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Portfolio-for-Jira-articles/Introducing-a-new-planning-experience-in-Portfolio-for-Jira/ba-p/944996) - This experience is most similar to the MS project Gantt chart functionality.

If you’re not using the new early access experience then you should be able to retrieve your resolved issues using the ‘completed date’ filter (in the more button). By default this is set to 30 days - so issues completed after 30 days will disappear for the purpose of reducing noice of irrelevant issues.
If you ARE using the new experience this functionality isn’t yet available, but we’ll have it implemented before the GA. 

I hope this helps. If you let me know about your instance and the features from MS project you're interested in I'll be happy to provide more information.

Cheers,

Rhys | Portfolio for Jira Server Product Management

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events