Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dates for issues in Portfolio not working as expected

Mikael Witt November 30, 2018

Hi,

I´m trying out the new visual experience for portfolio, but have some issues with dates in my plan. In the "old" version, there was a configuration option where you could set the date-fields to use in the plan, this option seems to be gone now?

Also, when changing the start or end date in the portfolio view and synking them back, I can not see them reflected in any of the dates in the original issue, what are the dates that are presented default in the plan view and where are they represented in the original issues?

Best regards

/Micke

1 answer

0 votes
Rhys Christian
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 2, 2018

Hey @Mikael Witt,

Thanks for sharing your issues with the new experience. We currently don't have the functionality to use other date fields with the new experience timeline. We intend to introduce more custom field into the new UI but custom date is not likely to arrive before our GA release. 

The date fields we use in Portfolio are accessible in Jira but need to be added to the relevant screens to become visible. In the screen administration, simply add the "Target start" and the "Target End" fields in the screen config. Instructions are available here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiraportfolioserver/showing-portfolio-custom-fields-in-jira-857058481.html

Considering it's possible to set dates using these fields in Jira, can you please clarify your need fo using an alternative date field? What additional value do you get from your custom date fields than the ones that currently work with Portfolio?

Your feedback is much appreciated.

Cheers,

Rhys | Portfolio for Jira Product Management 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events