Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating issues with parent link (portfolio) is not working just for 1 case.

Humberto Gomes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 10, 2020

Using the Portfolio app, we have the following hierarchy setup:

Initiative->Project->Epic->tasks->subtasks.

Only 1 project has issue types: Initiative and Projects (and with no Epics available in this one).

All other Jira projects have Epics-->...

I have an Initiative with several Projects, and this relation is mandatory when I'm creating new projects. I need to add the Initiative Parent Link.

Since some days ago, to create a new project, if we choose a specific Initiative (and only 1 specific initiative) the browser does not return with the issue key information. Keeps some time (around 1 minute) loading, and the creating window is visible again with no other feedback, including the "create" button. But the ticket was created.

This only happens with the specific initiative. Changing the initiative, there are no issues.

This specific initiative has already more than 80 projects (issue type) linked.

Several users were tested and the issue remains.

Several laptops were tested and the issue remains

Several browsers were testes and the issue remains.

Can you help?

Humberto

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Humberto Gomes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 26, 2020

There is no problem with this. The issue is a backgraound script (field sync app) who takes a long time (too much) to complete it. Disabling the script, there is no issue anymore.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events