Completed issues are not populated in Plan view

Raúl Fernández Fraile October 8, 2020

I have several Plan Project in my Jira and I can't see any completed issue within the Plan view where all issuetype hierarchy is shown. Even though I set in the Plan configuration the number of days after the completion to 200 as you can see in the picture below:

Capture.JPG

2 answers

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 8, 2020

@Raúl Fernández Fraile - As stated by @chris.reyes

Essentially in Jira the resolution field should not be NULL (it shows up as "Unresolved" - internal representation of NULL for the field) for completed issues.  You may also need ensure your plan's issues sources are setup properly.

If you set your issue sources against a board (i.e. SCRUM or KANBAN), then your completed issues WF statuses need to be located at the last right column (terminal column).  Otherwise, those issues will never be truly "COMPLETED" in the Jira system.  Example, if you try to close out a sprint where those issues are not in the status associated in the last right column, then Jira will ask you to move those issues to another future sprint or the backlog. 

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSD Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

0 votes
chris.reyes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 8, 2020

Make sure you're completed issues "Resolution" is set to "Done".  Closed issues where the resolution field is not set to "Done" do not appear on Plans.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events