Closed & Released Epics remain visible in portfolio after Release

Lana Barry August 9, 2018

I have a single project release that has been built and released within Jira Software (Server latest) and the epic Resolved and closed. When viewing the Release in Portfolio the release no longer shows on the plan for those epics, but the epics remain visible in my plan and nothing indicates that they have been completed and release as part of that release. Please advise and thank you.

1 answer

0 votes
samrobertsofficial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 16, 2018

Hi @Lana Barry welcome to community :)

Just so I make sure I understand correctly, you would like to hide epics which have been completed?

If that's right, there are 4 main ways to do this depending on your needs

• Filter completed issues: You can use the 'status' filter and show only todo, in progress issues
  • Automatically don't show completed issues after X many days: Under filters -> more -> completion date 
  • Remove those specific issues from a plan: You can select these issues in the scope table and click 'Exclude from plan'
  • Exclude all issues from a release:  Go to the 'release' tab, then select the release you mentioned, click '...' menu then exclude from plan.

Hope this helps,

Sam

Lana Barry December 12, 2018

Hi @samrobertsofficial, thank you for your response. 

I would like to better understand the expected Portfolio behaviour at the point of Release completed.

1. What changes / behaviours do we expect to see in the Portfolio plan after the jira release has been built and deployed and affected epics closed and resolved?
  2. Is there an indicator in the plan that those epics have been delivered? 
  3. Do we leave the closed & released epics visible in the plan or should we exclude them from the plan?
  4. Is there a way to view historical plan data, i.e epics delivered in each release, original vs aggregated epic estimate value pts?
  5. Can we pull a report with these fields for a release that has been built and released in the past?
  6. Is there a way to display a full plan view from inception to [present to future plan in one view?

Thanks!

Lana Barry

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events