Change the default issuetype and set a fixed order for creating issues directly in Jira Roadmaps

Rebecca July 28, 2022

Hi everyone,

I work in three different Jira Advanced Roadmaps that are all based on projects that are using the same issue type screen scheme and therefore the same default issuetype.

At the moment, when I create an issue directly in the roadmap --> each roadmap shows a different order of the available options for an issuetype and always selects a different one as default.

However, as a user in Jira Roadmap I would like to always have the suggested issuetypes in the same order for all projects.

Therefore I have 2 questions:

1. Is there a way to change this setting (e.g. set a default issuetype in Jira Roadmap?)?
  2. Is it possible to set a fixed order for the suggested issuetypes?

Thanks for your help!

Best regards
Rebecca

This shows how I create the issue:

image.png

This is the order the issuetypes are displayed when I choose to create an "Aufgabe" in the three different Plans: 

(the project default issuetype is selected)

image.png

However when creating an "Aufgabenpaket" --> then it sometimes selects Epic and sometimes "Thema" (always in a different order, kind of randomly) and I need to change it manually:

image.png

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 29, 2022

Hi @Rebecca , interesting find! I propose to submit a suggestion for this at Atlassian Support (if it shouldn't exist yet)? Are you on Cloud or DC/Server?

1 vote
Daniel Capizzi
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 29, 2022

Hi @Rebecca

Good find - thanks for reporting this! Unfortunately it's not possible to set an order that the issue types will be displayed, you've actually stumbled across a bug here.

I've been able to reproduce issue types being listed in different orders for different plans, and agree this should be better. I've gone ahead and opened a public bug and added this to our internal backlog as well. I can't make any assurances right now that this will be worked on in the short term, but you vote on and track the progress of this issue in the public bug.

Regarding the creation of an Aufgabenpaket, am I correct in understanding that when you create an issue on this level it defaults to different issue types? This behaviour I haven't been able to reproduce so far - are you able to provide any more info about this one?

Cheers!

Daniel

John Dunkelberg January 18, 2024

@Daniel Capizzi I was googling for this as we ran into it in our Datacenter instance.  I see you created a Cloud-side bug.  Is there also a Datacenter bug listed for this?

Daniel Capizzi
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 18, 2024

Hi @John Dunkelberg - I've created another bug for Datacenter so that can now be voted on and followed as well. It's also linked to the original Cloud ticket so should be easy to find either of them now!

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWSERVER-25511

Like John Dunkelberg likes this
Daniel Capizzi
Atlassian Team
January 19, 2024

That's correct, yeah - I don't work in the server space, so unfortunately didn't realise we already had a ticket to track this, but have updated the links between the cloud ticket and the correct server ticket. Thanks for bearing with us!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events