Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Default Sprint duration and capacity

Kim Lupe December 8, 2020

My teams run on 3 week sprints and I need this to be the default across the board.  The system is defaulting them to 2 week sprints.    How do I adjust this. I cannot seem to do this at the team level because it is grayed out. I am not seeing where to do it at the plan level.   I cannot use the capacity planning if I can't adjust this.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 8, 2020

@Kim Lupe-Smith -

Based on my knowledge, the sprint time frame is controlled from your input source (i.e your SCRUM board's sprint configuration).  You cannot change it in the AR plan unless you manually create a new team in AR.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSD Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Thanks @Joseph Chung Yin .  I also looked at the sprint boards and they appear to be running 3 weeks, I  don't see where I can view the settings or adjust.  

Also - I did create the team in AR, I was never given the option to change their capacity or sprint duration. It is grayed out.  All documentation I have been reviewing says I can adjust it there but that does not appear to be the case.

Like Mark Bentley likes this
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 8, 2020

@Kim Lupe-Smith - 

Hi Kim -

In AR plan, even when it seems that the "Iteration length" field is grayed out, if you click on the field, you will be able to change the value when you edit the team.  

2020-12-08_12-00-22.png 

It is good that you validated that your input source is running 3 weeks for sprint.

Hope this helps.

PS - Don't forget to commit your changes in AR back into Jira project (as appropriate).

Best, Joseph

Wow, that was ridiculously simple. Thank you so much!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events